The Tower House,Lot
The sympathetically renovated Tower House is centrally heated, with double-glazed windows, offering year-round comfort. Polished wooden floors provide a low allergen environment whilst windows on 3 sides ensure that rooms are light and airy.
Original beams and period features have been retained but the kitchen and bathrooms are totally modern. The Tower house comfortably sleeps 6 with 3 bedrooms: master queen bedroom, twin bed room and a single bed room. There is also a separate office/sitting room off the second floor master bedroom, which retains the original floorboards.
The house is furnished to a high standard with a mix of modern and antique pieces. A kitchen stocked by a serious cook, market trolley and basket and quality appliances complete the experience.
The Tower house is set out across 4 levels. The sympathetic restoration marries the ancient beams with modern comforts. Its unique architecture ensures light filled rooms. Shutters and 55cm thick walls provide excellent insulation, supplemented by central gas heating for the cooler months.
The furniture is a mix of antique and modern. The front door opens into an entry hall, from which you enter the lounge/dining room and kitchen. The first floor twin bedroom has an ancient fireplace. A single bedroom off this bedroom is perfect for a child. There is a full bathroom.
The second floor has a queen bed room, with an attached small sitting room/ office and another full bathroom.
The third floor is completely given over to a large (40 m2) converted attic that provides a light and airy retreat for teenagers or adults. It also houses a day bed.
Free parking is available in the street outside or in nearby car parks.
The property is suitable for children and children are welcome but steep stairs makes this property unsuitable for people with restricted mobility.
- 3 bedrooms with a range of bedding configurations including 1 queen bedroom; 1 twin bedroom; 1 single bedroom; 1 day bed in attic and an additional spare mattress
- 2 full bathrooms both with bath/shower and toilet
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Lounge and dining room
- Downstairs living area with French HD TV
- 40 m2 attic with satellite UK TV
- Study with desk and wireless printer
- All linen, towels, crockery and cutlery
- Free WiFi and calls to landlines in Australia, UK USA, France and many other countries
- Water and gas
(tariffs quoted in Euro)
Weekly Rates start from 750 Euro
- 10% discount for stays of more than 2 weeks.
- 30% booking fee at time of booking, balance and security deposit due 8 weeks before arrival
Nestled between Sarlat le Canada and Rocamadour yet only 20 minutes from the newly opened Dordogne Valley airport at Brive la Gaillarde, the peaceful town of Souillac on the Dordogne river welcomes visitors looking for a real French experience.
With cafes and a bakery around the corner, the Tower House is conveniently located in Souillac’s historic centre, near the Abbey and pedestrian precinct, making it a perfect setting for exploring this historic and picturesque region.
The Friday market is just around the corner and there are 2 supermarkets and a number of restaurants within walking distance.
Souillac is an old town with a medieval abbey and historic church. It makes a great base for exploring this region. The highlights of the Dordogne valley are within easy reach: the stunning underground gouffre de Padirac, the beautiful village of Sarlat la Caneda and the historic town of Rocamadour are all within 30 minutes by car.
Souillac offers 2 large supermarkets and a full range of shops and facilities. Of course there are also good restaurants, some within a short walk.
For sporting enthusiasts, the Souillac Golf and Country Club offers 18 holes of golf year-round. Canoes can be rented on the Dordogne river in summertime. Ski fields can be found 90 minutes drive (or a train trip) away – in the winter months.
Souillac can be reached easily by car but here is some information on other transport options for your arrival:
- Regular SNCF scheduled services from Paris Gare d’Austerlitz to Souillac take just over 4 hours.
- The Tower House is less than 20 minutes walk from Souillac station (or you can take a taxi).
- Rental cars: are available at Brive airport or the Total garage in Souillac
- The newly opened airport of Brive Dordogne Valley is served by flights from Paris Orly Sud (Airlinair/Air France) and London City (City Jet) all year round.
- City Jet also operates flights from various centres in the UK, including London City.
- Toulouse and Bordeaux airports are each around 2 hours drive.
- Free landline calls to Australia